[seqfan] Re: Referencing the OEIS

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 16:39:30 CET 2008

The sequence author in the database is very often not the author of the
sequence. Many of us volunteer to submit sequences from other papers
and sources.

For example, I submitted A122726 Sociable numbers - I was surprised
that they were not in the OEIS and certainly they were invented before
I was born.

I think it is very appropriate to have a submitter as an author in
OEIS, but I am not sure about propagating the name further.

Tanya