[seqfan] Re: Suggested keyword: veri

Joshua Zucker joshua.zucker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:12:14 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 4:30 AM,  <franktaw at netscape.net> wrote:
> I've been opposed to various keywords people have suggested recently,
> but this is one that I think should be added.  It would be an
> indication that the values in the sequence should be independently
> verified, preferably using a program.  I'm suggesting "veri" for this
> keyword, but I'm open to other suggestions.

How about the opposite - namely, a little box you can check on a seq,
and enter your name, stating that you've verified the terms by
hand-computation, or that you've verified the terms using a program?
(Or a form you can submit with a copy of the terms you've computed, if
you want to allow for the fact that some sequences are hard to check
and people can just check the first few terms.  Though probably in
such cases it's only the last known term that you really want to have
checked.)

Then, the page can by default display just the count of each (the
original author can contribute 1 to one or both counts), and maybe
there can be a way to find out who did the computation in case you
want to talk to them about their program or something.

--Joshua Zucker