[seqfan] Re: A generalization of the matrix permanent: question

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Apr 3 00:52:42 CEST 2009

Well, if you sum over the alternating group, you get the average (mean)
of the permanent and the determinant.

Summing over the cyclic group just includes each term in the matrix in
a single product, one product for each modular diagonal; I doubt that
there's much interest there.  There may be some value in summing over
the dihedral group.

(As to your question, I have no idea if there's any literature on this.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters