[seqfan] Re: puzzled by A082945, definition of rev n

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:52:39 CEST 2009

>> The aim is to extend
>> http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A082946

A082946  	 	 Palindromes satisfying A082945.

well, if (rev n) is the reversal of the last #n digits of a(i), then
any (odd digit) palindrome with middle digit 1 is in A082945 and
A082946.
The nontrivial elements would rather be the non-palindromic terms of A082945.
OTOH, for more than 3 digits, the sequence would soon be "flooded" by
numbers satisfying the definition using only very few digits from the
start.
Specifically, if
amb  is in the sequence, with a = m * b
(m=middle digit, b = "rev a") then any
axmyb is in the sequence with x,y having the same number of digits.

So one could impose that n must be all that precedes the middle digit
and "rev n" = [reversal of]  all that follows the middle digit
(w/ or w/o allowing leading zeroes)

Remark: according to the current "definition", the number 1 should
also be in A082945 and A082946.

Maximilian
PS: IMHO these sequences are not extremely interesting...