[seqfan] Re: Email addresses

Hans Havermann pxp at rogers.com
Tue Aug 4 17:20:23 CEST 2009

Neil Sloane (27 Nov. 2008):

> If you don't want to have your email address in the OEIS,
> I can instead give a link to your home page.

Joerg Arndt:

> Also I fail to see why the seq. contains a link to a page
> titled "Prism Of Spirals: Images, visions, and hallucinations".
> Text (under LINKS) for link in question is
> "Home Page (listed in lieu of email address)".

Richard Mathar:

>> This is explained in
>> http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2008-November/000244.html
>> and the followup-discussion in the SeqFan list.

I was unaware of how Neil had implemented his home-page option until I
looked at it just now. The email address is usually attached to a name
in the author, comment, or formula fields. The home-page link however
is *divorced* from the name and placed in the "links" field: Hence the
confusion as to how that link might relate to the sequence. Wouldn't
it be possible (and better) to hot-link the home-page (without
explanation) right to the person's name (deleting the mentions in the
"links" field)?