[seqfan] Re: Email addresses Was: offset of A000254 wrong?

David Wilson dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Tue Aug 4 23:00:25 CEST 2009

I think if you want clickable mail addresses, you are dead in the water,
since anything you can mail to, a bot can uncover.

On the other hand, if we had some special code, like inserting a random
first and last letter to the user name (e.g, joecool at comcast.net becomes
mjoecooly at comcast.net). The munged address is easy enough to revert for
those in the know, but to a bot it would appear like a well-formed
address. Just a thought.

On the evil side...

Embed large numbers of randomly generated bogus email addresses in
invisible areas of each OEIS page. When bots hit the site, they will
think they've found the mother of all mailing lists.