[seqfan] Re: Offsets of cons sequences

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Aug 24 07:25:59 CEST 2009

I like the redundancy for ordinary b-files.  It's convenient to be
able to type "Ctrl+F 2 5 6 space" to find that there are 56092 groups
of order 256.  It's also good if you don't know the offset, or if
there are comments in the b-file (though I don't think there are, at
least at the moment). But I think it's rare enough to want to find,
say, the 7000th decimal digit of some constant.  It's not
automatically useful even for A098321-style sequences, because then
the number of digits you need is so large that you need a more
compressed format anyway...

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University