[seqfan] Volunteers to help with OEIS booth in San Francisco?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Dec 30 00:33:40 CET 2009

Dear Sequence Fans and other friends of the OEIS:

The OEIS Foundation will be announced to the world at
the Annual Joint Meeting of the Amer. Math. Soc. & Math. Assoc. America,
at the Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco, Jan 13-16, 2010.
We have a booth in the exhibit hall, Booth 813.
If any of you will be attending the meeting, please stop by!

I could also use some help in manning the booth, even if for
only an hour or two.

The hours when there has to be someone at the booth are:
Wed Jan 13, noon-5:30pm(*)
Thu Jan 14, 9:30-5:30
Fri Jan 15, 9:30-5:30
Sat Jan 16, 9-12

Tue Jan 12, 8am-5pm is for setting up the booth.  I could use one
volunteer to help that afternoon for a couple of hours!
I can certainly get a free Exhibitor Setup Badge for that person.

I think - but I'm not certain - I can get some other exhibitor's passes
to use during Wed - Saturday. You can't get into the exhibit area
without being an exhibitor or a registered attendee at the meeting.

It's the long hours on Wed Thurs and Friday though when I could
really use some help.  There are going to be over 2000 talks,
so this should be a good opportunity to meet other sequence fans!

When I posted a message like this earlier this year,
I got positive responses from
Mohammad Azarian, Richard Guy, Marc LeBrun, Tony Noe, Eric Weisstein, Joshua Zucker.
Of course now that we are closer to the time, people's plans may
have changed, and there may be other people who could help.

Please let me know if I should try to get anyone a badge, and what day or days
you might be able to help!  I can generally be reached at (732) 828 6098
if it would be easier to chat.

Best regards

Neil

(*) I'm giving a talk 3:00-3:10 Wed in Room 3018, Moscone West 3rd Floor,
in one of the Discrete Math sessions.  My talk is on "The Toothpick
Sequence and Other Sequences From Cellular Automata."
(Several OEIS contributors will be mentioned.)