[seqfan] Re: Forward of a collaboration request (Rakhmanov, Boubaker poly)

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:21:37 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Olivier Gerard
<olivier.gerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:33:20 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Collaboration Request (on Integer sequences)
> Dear colleague
>
> We are Pr. H. Rahmanov,  T.  Zao  and J. Ganuchi, we are working on
> arithmetic and  integer sequences.
>
> We have got a sketch of a study on a polynomial sequence that
> generated now more than 20 Integer Sequences ..., we hope you can help
> on refining this study along with discovering new Integer Sequences
> The present documents of the staudy are available, and can be sent to
> you immediately by answering this email (at : hrahmanov at yahoo.com.au )
>
> We hope it will interest you; we wait really for your answer.
> Sincerely

I've also got similar request and in response briefly mentioned that
Boubaker polynomials B_n(X) are expressed in terms of Lucas
polynomials:

B_n(X) = U_n(X,1) + 3 * U_{n-2}(X,1)    for n>=2.

They do not look any special to me (we can easily construct zillions
of similar polynomial sequences) - so I don't understand buzz about
them.

Regards,
Max