[seqfan] Re: a question about arrangements of pennies

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:08:49 CET 2009

I'd commented in a 3-D geometry enumeration sequence: "Note that a
'floppy' polytetrahedron with only e2e {edge-to-edge} connections can
actually be mechanically rigid."

A119602  	Number of nonisomorphic polytetrahedra with n identical
regular tetrahedra connected face-to-face or edge-to-edge (chiral
shapes counted twice).

I am still working on the associated paper, which includes 2-D, 3-D,
hyperbolic (as in A119611), and 4-D analogues.  Hundreds of pages of
hand-drawn illustrations, scores of typed pages of text.  "Rigidity"
is a subtle concept.

-- Prod. Jonathan Vos Post