[seqfan] Re: help needed with Mediawiki's Lucene-search extension

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:28:00 CET 2009

Another possibility is to adapt the current classic search engine to this wiki
as a sequence search box, keeping the classical media wiki search engine
as a free text search.

The current classic search was remarquably optimized for the oeis
format.  On the input side, we can probably make sure it can
read/index a disk based version of
the sequence pages that would be produced from the sequences wiki
pages. On the output side we can adapt its output to produce links and
snippet of sequences to the new Wiki.

And for the presentation we could split the search result page, with on the top
the ten or so first sequences matching, and on the bottom the wiki search engine
results on non sequence pages.  Also with links to expanded results pages, etc.

What I would like is that we maintain the possibility for those like
me of receiving the results in text only format, with thematic
operators such as author: etc, and with a very defined format and
precise error messages.

Olivier