[seqfan] Re: Extension of A005646

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sat Dec 19 13:33:26 CET 2009

Oh, sorry; I see now that these are for unlabeled objects.  I was
confused by Andrew's list of labeled partitions.

For n odd, you can avoid problems by always having the first part
bigger than the second; but for even n this doesn't always work.  I
assume that you are doing, at some point, permutation of the objects to
see if two classifications are the same (presumably with
optimizations); I think you have to try flipping any balanced binary
partitions in that phase as well.  (There are of course optimizations
to be made here; for example looking at the objects that occur alone,
put more of these in the first part if possible.)

-----
I would also like to see a triangle with T(n,k) being the number of
classifications of n objects using k binary partitions.

This starts:

1
0 1
0 0 1