[seqfan] Re: First use of "OEIS" ?

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 19:45:28 CET 2009

NJA Sloane... - NOTICES-AMERICAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY, 2003 - ams.org

was the 13th citation coughed up by GoogleScholar, after a dozen on
the medical genetics meaning.

Then on the 23rd citation:
Sequences That Satisfy a (n- a (n))= 0
psu.edu [PDF]
N Kube, F Ruskey - Journal of Integer Sequences, 2005 - emis.ams.org
We explore the properties of some sequences for which a(n - a(n)) = 0.
Under the natural restriction
that a(n) < n the number of such sequences is a Bell number. Adding
other natural restrictions
yields sequences counted by the Catalan numbers, the Narayana numbers,
the triangle ...

The 24th citation:
Prove or Disprove. 100 Conjectures from the OEIS
arxiv.org [PDF]
R Stephan - Arxiv preprint math/0409509, 2004 - arxiv.org
The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences [OEIS] isa database
containing the start terms
of nearly 100,000 sequences (as of Autumn 2004), together with formulæ
and refer- ences. It
was reviewed by Sloane in 2003 [Slo03]. In the first section of this
work, I describe how ...

There are also false positives on:
operational environmental-information-system
(OEIS)

Nothing chronologically earlier in the first 60 citations.

But someone might want to keep digging through GoogleScholar...