[seqfan] Re: OEIS: the movie!

T. D. Noe noe at sspectra.com
Thu Dec 24 06:31:54 CET 2009

I thank all the seqfans who sent comments about the movie.

I thank Simon Plouffe for putting every frame of the movie on his website
at http://pictor.math.uqam.ca/~plouffe/OEIS/images%20OEIS/index.html
This is a very nice way to view the frames and link to the OEIS.

I should have stated that the intended audience is the set of
mathematicians who will attend the AMS/MAA joint meeting in San Francisco
January 13-16 (see http://www.ams.org/amsmtgs/2124_intro.html).  The OEIS
Foundation will have a booth there, raising money for maintaining the OEIS.
This was my idea to attract attention to the booth.  A projector will show
the OEIS, the wiki, the movie, and perhaps other things.  I hope to see
some of you at the meeting.

I have changed the title frame to better explain what follows: "Plots of
1000 sequences from the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences".

I changed the last plot to be Recaman' sequence.  And I changed the last
frame to say the that last plot is Recaman's sequence.

The modified movie is at the same location as before:
http://www.sspectra.com/math/OEISMovie.mov

It plays in many browsers and in QuickTime Player 7.  I have not had time
to create versions for Linux.

Best regards,

Tony