[seqfan] New logos needed for OEIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Feb 18 00:57:28 CET 2009

When we set up a wiki version of the OEIS, we will need one or two
new logos!

One needs to be .gif file, 135 x 135 pixels, to go at the top left corner
of the wiki-type pages.  If you go to any regular Wikipedia page,
in the top left corner you will see a picture of a globe with
writing on it.  We will need something like it for the OEIS.

(Probably it should say OEIS, with maybe some numbers?)

And we /may/ need another, about 50 x 100 pixels, to go at the top of the Lookup pages
(to replace the one that has the AT&T Logo and then Integer Sequences Research)
I'm not really sure if the second one will be needed.

I already asked Eric Desbiaux about this, but since we are looking
for logos that will be around for the next ten thousand years, it seems
worth inviting all the sequence fans to send in designs!

Just to give you an idea, David Applegate suggested (for the square logo) something
like the top illustration in the following page, drawn by Henry Bottomley:
%H A000045 H. Bottomley and N. J. A. Sloane, <a href="a45.html">Illustration of initial terms: the Fibonacci tree</a>

Neil