[seqfan] Re: Ranking Sequences

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Sat Feb 7 14:54:45 CET 2009

lq> From seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu Fri Feb  6 23:58:41 2009
lq> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:35:05 -0800 (PST)
lq> From: Leroy Quet <q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com>
lq> To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
lq> Subject: [seqfan]  Ranking Sequences
lq>
lq> I am starting a new thread based on this topic.
lq> ...
lq> I don't know how changing how sequences are currently ranked would be necessarily beneficial, at least if there are not options available to OEIS users.
lq> I personally would like to see other options available for how sequences may be ranked (options which can be chosen by users for any particular search).
lq> For instance, by date first submitted (listed from oldest to newest, or from newest to oldest).
lq> By date last updated.
lq> ...

This one could easily be implemented by scanning the OEIS once
a day for the date tags and storing it as another HTML file at some
AT&T  URL---which is the version which minimizes band with and computational
expenses. The output could look like
http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~mathar/progs/oeisCLog.html
which is a snapshot taken 2009-02-01 logging 8 days of history,
supposed lines are dumped without further beautification.

RJM