[seqfan] Re: Question about A065027

Nikos Apostolakis nikos.ap at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:17:35 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 07:22:00PM -0500, thus spake Alexander Povolotsky:

Thanks for the answer.  I should have phrased my question more
carefully. I was already aware of the comment by Robert Wilson, I was
asking for references for that comment, i.e. where is it proven that
the first differences of a_n are always 2 or 3.  Since then, I found the
following, that contains a proof apparently by Tomas Schonbek:

http://forumgeom.fau.edu/POLYA/ProblemCenter/POLYA008.html

> See the Welcome page for suggestions on citing the OEIS!

Thanks for the pointer.  This question turns out to be complicated
enough to be assigned for a mini-project.  In that case I will make
sure to have the students properly cite the OEIS.

Actually, I am using the OIES for an (unrelated) paper I am writing and
I will make sure to cite the relevant sequences.

Best,
Nikos