[seqfan] Re: Open problems

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sat Feb 21 01:18:30 CET 2009

My understanding of the "unkn" keyword is that the sequence itself is
unknown or very poorly understood.  It doesn't mean any sequence for
which there is an open conjecture.  I think that is an important
categorization, and it should not be redefined.  A keyword that does
what you (Tanya) suggest might be useful, but there are a large number
of potential keywords in that "might be useful" category.

It certainly would be nice to have conjectures listed some place.

You should also be aware that there are some sequences where one
comment makes a conjecture, and a later one confirms it.

A final note: to search for conjectures in the database, look for
entries containing the words "apparently" or "appears", too.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters