[seqfan] Re: Prime Sums In A Grid

Leroy Quet q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 21:19:37 CET 2009

If you are too lazy to check the link, this "game" can be easily summerized here.

Write the integers 1 through n^2 into the squares of an n-by-n grid, one number per square.

For an n-by-n grid, what is the maximum possible number of "pairs" of integers that each sum to a prime, where a "pair" is any two numbers that are immediately adjacent in the grid in the direction of either up, down, left, or right?

Thanks,
Leroy Quet