[seqfan] Look and Say novelty?

Eric Angelini Eric.Angelini at kntv.be
Wed Jan 28 19:25:08 CET 2009

Hello SeqFans,

I like this finite one -- which kind of self-constructs nicely:

S = 1, 213223, 31424344,
               4152535455,
               516263646566,
               61727374757677,
               7182838485868788,
               819293949596979899.

... a(n) says: "Look, we have so far in the sequence (including my
digits), this quantity of digits 'a', that quantity of digits 'b',
etc."

Example: a(2) says "there are two 1's so far (including my digits)"
                       -> yes, the '1' of a(1) and the '1' of a(2);
                   "there are three 2's so far"
                       -> yes, my three 2's;
                   "there are two 3's so far"
                       -> yes, my two 3's.

         a(3) says "there are three 1's, four 2's, four 3's, four 4's
                    so far (including my digits)"

Are there other such sequences, with different start for instance?

And if this sequence is submitted, does a(2) have to be written 212332?

Best,
É.