[seqfan] A property of 163

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 15:50:30 CEST 2009

Dear SeqFans,

I received the following submission for my number gossip page (numbergossip.com) from Anand Deopurkar:

"A unique property of 163: It is the largest number n such that the integers in the imaginary quadratic extension Q(\sqrt -n) have the unique factorization property."

Can some confirm this?

He also sent a sequence which is not in the database:

"Integers in the following imaginary quadratic fields Q(\sqrt -n) have the unique factorization property: n = 1,2,4,7,11,19,43,67,163. So you could add this as a rare property for those integers as well."

Should we add the sequence?

Tanya