[seqfan] Re: Base conversion question

victor miller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 03:35:38 CEST 2009

I remember the Chudnovsky brothers telling me many years ago that when they
were calculating pi to billions of decimal places they ended up using
multiprecision in a base of 10^k (for some convenient k) since they had
found that it took much longer to convert from the result in binary than it
did to actually compute it!
Victor