[seqfan] Re: A159559

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:23:34 CEST 2009

There is something interesting: for a positive integer i, let b_i be
the sequence defined by:
b_i(1)=i and for n>1, if n is prime (resp. composite) then b_i(n) is
the smallest prime (resp. composite) greater than b_i(n-1).
Then:
b_1 is the sequence of positive integers
b_2 is A159559 (the sequence in the object of this thread)
b_4 is A159698 (thanks Ray for pointing this out to me)

Now, if i is composite, b_i agrees with b_{i-1} except for the first term. Also,
b_3 agrees with b_2 from rank 11
b_5 agrees with b_3 from rank 47
b_7 agrees with b_5 from rank 11
b_11 agrees with b_7 from rank 17