[seqfan] My first base-10 related question here, I think

Leroy Quet q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 00:27:56 CEST 2009

I usually loathe those base 10 sequences. But this sequence just isn't as interesting in base 2.

Maybe this has been discussed here before. Probably, but I missed it then.

Take all the primes written in base 10, and concatenate the list.

23571113171923293137...

Next, starting on the left at the 2, place commas between the digits so that each comma is at the first place (the least amount of distance to the right) right of the last comma so that the digits in between the commas form primes.

So we have the list of primes created:

2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19,... (same as the original primes so far),
then  2, 3, 2, then what? (The next prime starts with a 931...)

Using Wolfram Alpha, I see that concatenating all the primes less than 101 creates only composites.

Does a prime eventually show up, or is it easy to see that no other primes arrive?

Thanks,
Leroy Quet