[seqfan] Re: Toothpick sequences (again) (from Richard Mathar by way of admin)

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Jun 4 07:49:25 CEST 2009

I haven't checked in detail, but I suspect what is happening is a
rotation of axes.  The first toothpick is oriented with the x axis.
Then ones are placed on its ends, aligned with the y axis.  The third
generation is aligned with the z axis, and then it loops back to the x
axis.  As before, a toothpick is only placed when there is a single end
at a point, not when there are two meeting there (more than two is
impossible).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters