[seqfan] Re: Add to an integer its distinct factors and loop

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Jun 5 19:17:43 CEST 2009

Close, but it is not only factorizations into two factors that we are
considering.  So, if n = product_{i=1}^k a_i with a_i < a_{i+1} for 1
<= i < k and k > 1, there is an arrow from n to n + sum_{i=1}^k a_i.

This more restrictive definition is of some interest, though.  To
extend Hagen's remarks, note that if n is even, everything pointed to
by n is divisible by a smaller power of two than n; so any path will
fairly quickly come to only odd numbers.  I think there still are
infinite paths, but it isn't as clear as for the original problem.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters