[seqfan] Re: Add to an integer its distinct factors and loop

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Jun 5 22:24:35 CEST 2009

Sorry, that isn't quite correct.

If n is divisible by exactly 2^{2k+1}, then the next term can be
divisible by at most 2^k.  However, if n is divisible by exactly 2^{2k}
for k > 0, the next term can be divisible by at least 2^{k+1}, and
possibly more.  Still, this is a strong tendency for paths to wind up
with odd numbers, and once you get there there is no escape.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters