[seqfan] From Timothy Hopper (by way of List Administrator)

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:39:01 CET 2009

Dear seqfans,

I forward this question to the list following from a non-member, as suggested
by Neil Sloane.

Please copy your answers to his address in addition to the seqfan mailing list.

Olivier GERARD

From: timothy hopper <timothyhopper at hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:49:07 +0000

Dear seqfan members,

Following a question posed to Neil Sloane, it was suggested that I
pose the same question to seqfan members instead.  The question is as
follows:  I have a method of copying an integer sequence which is
finite, as a function of one variable, say n, of the form:

a(n) = A + B*(-1)^f(n) + C*(-1)^g(n) + .... + D*(-1)^h(n), where A,B,C
ect are constants and f(n),g(n) ect are integer functions of n.

So the question is can anyone think of a finite integer sequence where
n is not to large, say less than 30, for which there is no formula for
and would benefit from applying this method?

Many thanks,

Tim Hopper.