[seqfan] Re: Typo in formula-section of A001541 ?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Mar 9 23:56:08 CET 2009

There were several discussions about Simon Plouffe's
experimental inverstigations of gf's on the mailing
list a year or so ago.

I won't repeat them here.

In summary, when it says in the OEIS that the Maple code
gives a gf conjectured by Simon in his dissertation,
that is exactly right.

Some of these were easily shown to be correct, and
for these I'm slowly removing "Conjectured by"

Some turned out to be false, often when more terms
were computed.  This too has to be indicated,
for historical reasons.  Again I am working though them.

Others are true but require a non-trivial proof, others
are still only conjectures.

In short, I'm working on this, but it cannot
easily be automated.

Suggestions for changes to particular entries will
be welcomed, though there are many more urgent things
that need doing!

 Best regards
 			 Neil