[seqfan] Re: A conjecture concerning connected rooted strength 1 Eulerian graphs with n nodes

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 07:29:55 CET 2009

Here are the definitions from the paper
Dan Gusfield "Computing the Strength of a Graph"
http://dx.doi.org/10.1137/0220040

DEFINITION. G( V, E) is a connected undirected graph with nonnegative
edge weight s(e) on each edge e. The weight s(e) will be called the
strength of the edge e.

DEFINITION. For a set of edges A\subset E, let k(A) be the number of
additional connected components created by deleting edges A from G.
That is, k(A) is one less than the total number of components in G-A.

DEFINITION. Let S(A) be the total strength of the edges in A, i.e.,
S(A)=\sum_{e\in A} s(e).

DEFINITION. The strength of graph G, denoted \sigma(G), is defined as
min(S(A)/k(A)) taken over all subsets of edges A such that k(A)>0.

Regards,
Max