[seqfan] Re: sorting results by date

Leroy Quet q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 23:13:37 CET 2009

Couldn't those early sequences all be given a default which is in practice equal to, say, the day before the earliest published sequence submission date in the OEIS?

Those older sequences would then be sorted to the end of the search results, because they are indeed the oldest sequences.

Personally, I would like an advanced search option for the OEIS to be available someday soon, where searches could be restricted based on several criteria (not just based on date). Also, it would be nice if the search didn't ignore non-alphabetical non-numeric typewriter characters. (I would sometimes like to include ascii characters sometimes used in math formulae, such as ^, !, *, +, and =.

Thanks,
Leroy Quet