[seqfan] Re: editing questions

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Mar 17 00:27:48 CET 2009

Doug:  1) You might post a message to this mailing list saying term X in sequence Y
seems wrong, can people help?
If all else fails, we would truncate the sequence at the point when
it goes bad, and add any remaining correct terms in a Comment line

2) > There's a recently added sequence which doesn't seem well-defined.

This happens all too often, I'm afraid.  Write to the author directly,
ask for clarification, then use one of the two submit comments pages to correct it.

If all else fails, use the comment page SubmitA.html to add a comment
saying something like Definition not clear - what does XXXX mean?

On the other hand, if you can make a reasonable guess, and no
other sequence depends on it, then go ahead and edit it using the other
comment page,  SubmitC.html, to do this.
Chances are your guess will be right!

I'm afraid that the number of submissions has grown a lot
in past few years, accelerated in fact, and I haven't been able
to edit entries as carefully as I used to.

So any help you can give will be welcomed!

 Best regards
 			 Neil

 Neil J. A. Sloane
 AT&T Shannon Labs, Room C233,
 180 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932-0971
 Email: njas at research.att.com
 Office: 973 360 8415; fax: 973 360 8178
 Home page: http://www.research.att.com/~njas/