[seqfan] Re: conventions

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Mar 30 16:02:26 CEST 2009

Doug,   That is great that you are doing these checks!

About the decimal expansions:  Yes, ideally the OEIS entry should
be a prefix of the infinite expansion.  Unfortunately it is
almost impossible to police this, so in practice I allow both versions.

Constants from physics, for instance, would always have the last digit
rounded

In case of ties, round towards zero.  Round(-1/2) = 0, round(3/2) = 1.

You are a member of the sequence fans list, right?  So you
will know that we are slowly moving towards a Wiki format
for the OEIS.

 Best regards
 			 Neil