[seqfan] Re: A160058 vs A137869 / Re: OEIS duplicate hunt

Ray Chandler rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 2 20:08:55 CEST 2009

> A160058 is different (and actually a subsequence), it can be
> defined as "Prime whose distance to both nearest neighbours
> is not of the form 2^k"
>
> Maximilian

I agree with Maximilian on the terms and echo the need for a new title for A160058.

In the sense of the referenced Klaus Lange paper, these are NOT "isolated" primes as the author claims.

They are what Lange calls "other" or "not brothers and sisters".

He suggests they are the union of "cousins" and "isolated" primes, but does not as far as I can see enumerate any
isolated primes or even show that they exist.  Specifically he shows that 53 and 53 + 2^35 are cousins, not isolated
primes.
Ray