[seqfan] Re: Policy on near-duplicates

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:55:00 CEST 2009

I support this idea, assuming that the main entry in an "equivalence
class" of near-duplicates is clearly indicated.
I think that all information that is applicable to every sequence in
the class should be concentrated in the main entry only (that would
simplify editing/updating/extending this information in a single
place).
Ideally, the other (non-main) entries in each class should be kept
minimalistic and marked with the "dead" or "dupe" keyword (indicating
that they are permanent in their current form) - since their purpose
is only referencing to the main entry.

Regards,
Max