[seqfan] Re: fractal sequences

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Nov 1 08:40:19 CET 2009

I  have a proof that I am writing up that such a sequence must be an
extended signature sequence.

As you know, the definition of a signature sequence is the values of i
in the sorted numbers of the form i + j theta for a fixed, irrational
theta, with i and j positive integers.  For an extended signature
sequence, we also allow theta to be rational.  There are two extended
signature sequences for each positive rational theta; one with the i's
in increasing order, the other with them in decreasing order.  These
can be regarded as signature sequences for theta - epsilon and theta +
epsilon, respectively, where epsilon is an infinitesimal.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters