[seqfan] Re: Creighton Dement's \"Floretions: Sights and Sounds\" will screen this Wednesday

Creighton Kenneth Dement creighton.k.dement at mail.uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Nov 11 08:07:25 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

You are correct that the links are very sparse. The main page is here:
http://www.fumba.eu/sitelayout/floretion.html

My goal earlier in the year was to try to compile everything I know about
them and put it into this article:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14790151/Floretions-2009

However, the draft paper is currently stalled: I got caught up trying to
prove proposition 2.21 (see past seqfan posts). My feeling is that if I'm
to complete it on my own, I need to take a few weeks off and look at it
from different angles (in the end, it may even be an easy task). However,
I work full-time outside of the math field and that's been difficult to
do.

I would be very appreciative if someone who has read through the floretion
introduction can give a brief summary of them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested_articles/Mathematics#Group_theory

That would be the place to direct future references, imo.

Sincerely,
Creighton