[seqfan] Re: A175043

Michael Porter ic_designer at verizon.net
Tue Nov 17 09:44:34 CET 2009

I would agree with Maximilian's comment (on the livejournal page) that the b=2..10 requirement is artificial and unnecessary.  What would the sequence look like if it were removed?

The choice of "11" as a substring also seems artificial to me.

But I think it's a valid idea for a sequence.  For the keywords used:
base: I would say yes, it does depend on the representation of the number in a particular base (or in this case multiple bases).  I suppose that if the b=2..10 requirement were removed that an argument could be made for not using "base".  I would tend to call it a "base" sequence, though.
fini: yes, as the sequence is defined, a(n) doesn't make sense for n>9, so it is a finite sequence
full: of course - all of the terms are there

I wouldn't say "nice" - sorry.  The arbitrary choice of substring "11" just doesn't sit well, and I could say the same for the range of bases.  I think I'm one of the people that discriminate against "base" sequences.

- Michael