[seqfan] Re: A "dumb" "word" sequence inspired by a few recent discussions.

Andrew Weimholt andrew.weimholt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:21:30 CET 2009

On 11/17/09, Michael Porter <ic_designer at verizon.net> wrote:

>  To get the "dumb" keyword, it has to be really, really dumb, and I think this one is just a little too interesting.
>
>  It's curious that three letters are not contained in the American English name for any integer.  Is that true of other languages?

Actually, only 2 letters ( j & k ) are excluded. The letter 'z'
appears in "zero" but in no other number, thus 23 is the maximum
number of distinct letters in an American English name for a number.

I would be extremely surprised if English is the only language in
which not all letters can be used.

Andrew