[seqfan] Re: detective work related to Creighton Dement's \\\"Floretions\\\"

Creighton Kenneth Dement creighton.k.dement at mail.uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Nov 20 23:49:46 CET 2009

Joerg wrote:
> Get rid of random letters for the components!
> As it is, noone will ever dig through this messy notation.

Getting rid of the "random letters for the components" is the whole
purpose of introducting the projection operators
ibase(X), jbase(X), etc. ...

What is your point other than making jokes? I know you didn't just look at
this stuff today, because you have kindly offered to help me before (if my
memory serves me correctly) and I didn't hear any of this then.

> Does your algebra contain (e.g.) complex numbers, quaternions, octonions?

If "my algebra" contains quaternions, which I believe I mentioned only a
few days ago on this seqfan list, it certainly contains complex numbers.

Sincerely,
Creighton