[seqfan] Base-related sequences, please go factorial!

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:48:33 CEST 2009

And it would be very good if somebody computed in the factorial base
( http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A007623 )
some of the most interesting base-10 sequences,
or the nearest analogues.

Usually this would produce two distinct sequences:
one using factorial base notation (so one has to devise some ugly
kludge when there appears  digits > 9. This one just for "human
consumption"),
and then the other version where the former sequence
is interpreted in the factorial base and then rewritten in the normal
decimal notation (thus avoiding the previous problem).
It is these latter sequences that might have some interesting tangents
outside of pure base-based doodling.

(Cf. http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A126301
vs. http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A126300
for the difference.)