[seqfan] OEIS IP transferred to OEIS Foundation

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Oct 27 18:30:06 CET 2009

To the trustees of the OEIS Foundation:

Yesterday (Monday October 26 2009) was a landmark day in
the history of the OEIS.  I transferred the intellectual
property I own in the OEIS to The OEIS Foundation Inc.

The letter of assignment will soon be posted on the OEIS Foundation
web site, http://oeisf.org

To make the transfer precise, David Applegate and I burned a DVD
containing a snapshot of the whole OEIS (the sequences, of course,
as well as all the associated files), which accompanies the
letter of assignment.

The DVD contains about 1.4GB.  The main sequence file
contains 164891 sequences. It is 2510785 lines long and
contains 169521003 characters. There are also 10716 b-files,
and the b-files and other similar files comprise 852M.
Another 280M are files associated with the lookup process.

I am grateful to Terry Ilardi (working "Pro Bono") who
drafted the letter of assignment, and to David Applegate
for help in creating the DVD.

I will continue to maintain the OEIS - on behalf of the
OEIS Foundation Inc - until the OEIS Wiki is fully functional,
In this interim period the main copy of the OEIS will
still exist on my home page at AT&T Labs, with a mirror image
on http://oeis.org/classic.  The OEIS Wiki is at
http://oeis.org/wiki, but this is only a preliminary version.

Neil Sloane