[seqfan] Re: Cleaning up unedited sequences: polynomials

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Mon Oct 12 09:51:07 CEST 2009

* Charles Greathouse <charles.greathouse at case.edu> [Oct 12. 2009 18:28]:
> There are a large number of polynomial sequences amongst the remaining
> unedited sequences, mostly submitted by Vincenzo Librandi:
> http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/?q=author%3ALibrandi+comment%3A%22Pell%27s+equation%22+keyword%3Auned
>
> What should be done with these?  There's nothing particularly wrong
> with them (though their tie to Pell's equation is trivial), so nothing
> obvious to clean up.  Should they be approved (-keyword:uned) en
> masse?
>
> Charles Greathouse
> Analyst/Programmer
> Case Western Reserve University

Personal(!) opinion: I am extremely unhappy
these seqs have been included in the OEIS.

The link (included in each of these seqs)
 Vincenzo Librandi, X^2-AY^2=1
is
 http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=5785989&tstart=0
Now see for yourself.

A glaring example of "arbitrary parameters".

I'd vote for /dev/null