[seqfan] Re: Brick sequences

Dmitry Kamenetsky dmitry.kamenetsky at rsise.anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 25 01:59:09 CEST 2009

Hi Franklin,

Would you consider the following configurations stable?

..=
.==
==
.=

...=
..==
.==
==
.=

I think the first one might be stable, but not the second one. This shows
that you cannot define stability of a configuration based on the properties
of its individual bricks - you must consider the whole structure. We
probably need to find the center of gravity of the whole structure and see
whether it is near/away from the center of the structure. Let me think some
more about this.

Cheers,
Dmitry