[seqfan] Re: OEIS IP transferred to OEIS Foundation

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:05:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:32 PM, <seqfan-request at list.seqfan.eu> wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:31:56 -0400
> From: "N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>
> Subject: [seqfan]  OEIS IP transferred to OEIS Foundation
> To: seqfan at seqfan.eu
> Cc: david at research.att.com, njas at research.att.com,
>        somos at grail.cba.csuohio.edu
>

> To Sequence Fans:
>

> Yesterday (Monday October 26 2009) was a landmark day in
> the history of the OEIS.  I transferred the intellectual
> property I own in the OEIS to The OEIS Foundation Inc.
>
> The letter of assignment will soon be posted on the OEIS Foundation
> web site, http://oeisf.org

Congratulations!

Have you yet decided under what kind of license you will place the IP?

> To make the transfer precise, David Applegate and I burned a DVD
> containing a snapshot of the whole OEIS (the sequences, of course,
> as well as all the associated files), which accompanies the
> letter of assignment.
>
> The DVD contains about 1.4GB.  The main sequence file
> contains 164891 sequences. It is 2510785 lines long and
> contains 169521003 characters. There are also 10716 b-files,
> and the b-files and other similar files comprise 852M.
> Another 280M are files associated with the lookup process.

Important also as a kind of checkpoint/backup!
I hope that in future the OEIS-data will be backed up
in widely separated/distributed geographical locations,
just for sure.

And thanks for the great and continuing work!

Yours,

Antti Karttunen