[seqfan] Re: Duplicates

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Sun Sep 13 22:29:48 CEST 2009

Allow me to add to this thread my usual gentle exhortation that
submitters and editors also carefully consider the impact of
near-duplicate variants with debatable initial terms or offsets on
superseeker(s) as well as seeker(s).  It would be a shame if some
deeply interesting relationship between a new and a known sequence
were to get missed by the automation due to gratuitous noise or
diversity.  Please keep in mind that many important transforms are
exquisitely sensitive to these variations.  Much as I too enjoy
debating the meanings of 0^0 etc I would argue that the most valuable
version of all to have in the OEIS is the least controversial common
subsequence with a rock-solid offset.