[seqfan] Re: Gen. Functs. A039219

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Sep 16 04:02:46 CEST 2009

Franklin,  It is good to hear that most of g.f.'s
that were suspect are probably correct.
(That has also been my impression.)

So I think I will simply delete my warning in the
remaining cases.  That seems only fair to him,
and will save me a lot of time.

Concerning missing factors of x or x^2 - this is not
good, but it is not as bad a sin as many other things,
and I don't really have time to make the necessary adjustments
to the g.f.'s.   The same thing holds for the redundant
g.f.'s which occur in some sequences. (Only a very small
fraction of the entries suffer from this, I believe - usually
those where there so many formula lines that it is hard
to read them all, as in the case of the triangular
numbers that you mentioned).

Neil