[seqfan] Re: mess and confusion

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Thu Apr 1 09:04:09 CEST 2010

* Vladimir Orlovsky <4vladimir at gmail.com> [Apr 01. 2010 07:54]:
> Laitely, I see so much activity; delete, change, edit, remove...etc.etc.

If people would refrain from submitting such utter trash
as seq A144522 there would be less need for edits.

> Too me, it will create lots of mess and confusion..

The mess and confusion is already there: in the brains
of the known spammers.  They put the mess and confusion
into the database.  The edits are an attempt to remove
or at least correct that junk.

> [...]

> p.s.
> (advice | recommendation)
> You guys put this sequences ""for-the-world"", but acting as it's your
> private (toy) network.

The problem is the known spammers who do not know the difference
between encyclopedia and junk yard of spontaneous brain farts.

Their reluctance to put any effort into correctness of
their submissions (creating the the need for edits, stealing
other peoples time) is just rude.

Telltale signs: no reply to personal emails (or
just sloppy one liners).

> Millions people will look this site and Not all of them will be math savvy
> and they will be Not regular-contributers
> (read: they will NOT be reading your
> `seqfan at list.seqfan.eu<%60seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>`
> regularly...)
> so...

We should allows random garbage because some people
cannot tell anyway?  Are you kidding?

> you really have to change you `cowboy` style,
> personal ambitions...going too far sometime,
> and start think about "HOW Different People will perceive this changes..."

Go clean some dozen seqs, you'll swiftly get a picture in the process.
Then come back and say 'cowboy style' again.

> /*please disregard if you can't get my point*/

// C++ comments rule