[seqfan] Re: Re 2 seqs with diffs distinct

zak seidov zakseidov at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 19:30:15 CEST 2010

Dear Neil,

as you rightly wrote in your first message in this thread:

"There are many solutions.One might try looking for
the earliest A in lexicographic order.
Or,alternatively,look for the earliest {A union B},which is probably better."

Only one example of "many solutions":
let's start with "seed" A & B:

A={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}; B={0,15},

then we (may) get

A={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,31,66,105,148,195,258,260,323,404,424,...},
B={0,15,48,85,126,172,220,287,297,372,459,497,...}.

Many other versions may be obtained even with the same seed A,B.

Anyway I think that a more detailed description should be given
how the particular seqs A & B  were  obtained
(even if  it can be seen from  checking the given program).

All the best,
Zak