[seqfan] Re: Mod[Fibonacci[n],n^2]<=Mod[Fibonacci[n],n]

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Apr 30 19:14:41 CEST 2010

http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2010-April/004546.html

jb> Unless I'm missing something, that link only shows a lack of
jb> square Fibonacci numbers?  The "Q" only asks whether Fibonacci
jb> numbers can be divisible by a certain square.

Yes. I was too fast and inexperienced in scanning Mma lines.
The 1964 article does not (at least not at first sight) say
anything about the solutions of Fib(n) = 0 (mod n^2).

By quick numerical testing we can only say that 1 and 12 are solutions
and there are no further up to n<= 80000 (at least).

RJM